Monday, March 26, 2012

ERIN BURGAN

ERIN BURGAN

I remember when Erin first joined my 6pm class. She didn't know much about CrossFit but from day one I knew I was getting a hard worker in my class. Fast forward and Erin's been at CrossFit Round Rock for more than 10 months and her change is remarkable. She used to survive WODs, now I watch her attack them. Erin is never afraid to get better. Which is a great quality to have. Never worrying about the clock during her WODs and taking a step everyday to take her CrossFit game to the next level. Less bands....more weight....each WOD working on what she needed to do to progress through the movements. She would probably never let anyone know, but the last few months she has been dealing with a nagging ankle injury which requires surgery. I could tell the pain she was going through even to do high knees and jumping jacks in the warm-up. She's been dealing with this for at least the last 3 months and I've never heard her complain once. She still keeps the same intensity and drive as she did before, meanwhile fighting through the pain. Talk about being mentally tough...wow!! She even hit some PR's this last week by pressing 110# Overhead. Boom!!!!!


This is her last week at CFRR and I will say, I will miss the bright colors and positive attitude you always bring into the box. If you don't know Erin you need to get to know her quick this next week cause she's someone you could take notes from.....how to fight, persevere, and stay positive....Thats her Game!! Erin, its been a pleasure coaching and watching you grow in class each week. Good Luck and I appreciate all your hard work!!! CFRR 4 Life!!
SIC EM

No comments:

Post a Comment