Friday, February 24, 2012

GUT CHECK

GUT CHECK
CrossFit Open- As coaches we have been preparing ourselves to take it to the next level this year. Hours of hardcore training, we have been perfecting our craft from muscle ups to overheads squats. WOD #1 comes out- 7min of Burpees. A monkey could do this workout. Fall down and get back up for seven minutes...what the hell??? At first I was pissed, but then when I started to think about it, it all makes sense. To go to regionals isn't just showing and trying hard, its about giving everything you got and then some to be in the top 60. This WOD is hardly about skill, its about guts. After 4min into this WOD it doesn't matter who you are, you are dog tired and have another 3 min to go. At this point, the playing field levels out and the people who want it the most go and take it. Purely a GUT CHECK. Saturday couldn't come fast enough. Im so ready to get this over with. 3..2..1 GO!!! Showtime!!!

American Ninja Warrior Casting-This should be fun and interesting. They are looking for personality and athletic ability. I got this!!! Not to mention I owned a pair of nunchucks when I was a kid...Ha!! Im sending in a casting tape to get on this. They are coming to Dallas and sent out a email looking for talent. Take a look at this stuff, its awesome!!



Team LEGIT- I know I say it a lot, but I can't be more proud of my Challenge team. Dedicated, relentless, and of course LEGIT, these are just a few of the words to describe my peeps. I've seen not only results, but transformations in my Team. We got a few weeks left and I can't wait to see the end result. 
Too LEGIT to Quit.

Lastly, speaking of gut checks. Shout out to Jonathan of the 6:45 for his 91 burpees. It was unbelievable to watch him battle this WOD. Heart of a LION
SIC EM

No comments:

Post a Comment